(1) When the weather gets as warm as it has been, I tend to get a wee bit giddy for spring. I can’t wait for little shirts and skirts, sandals and driving with the windows down and the music dancing through the breeze. And how about a tan?
(2) After attending my friend’s baby shower this afternoon, I have confirmed the fact that I am so not ready to procreate. Just shopping in the baby aisle at Target threw me for a loop. I hadn’t felt so out place in months.
(3) The whole trend of women’s shirts with hoods is totally lost on me. Hoods belong on hooded sweatshirts and coats. Putting them on tunics and the like doesn’t serve a purpose, since, you see, the woman never actually wears the hood. And if she does, she’s only doing it to mimic that woman who sings for the Black Eyed Peas.
(4) Note to self: The next time you’re buying a “personal item” at the grocery store, request a paper sack — not a clear plastic bag. It’s bad enough lugging around the blue box of maxi pads when, in all honesty, I don’t need any other items and, therefore, don’t have anything to conceal the unmistakable package. But then having that plastic package swinging inside the bag — clear for anyone who looks my way — is just the same. Next time I buy them, I should prop them on my shoulder as if I’m lugging a 2-by-4 at a construction site.
(5) I accidentally watched a few moments of “Road Trip” this afternoon on TBS. Did anyone’s experience at college actually mirror those of our lead “actors?”
(6) Being at a bar at 1 a.m. on a Sunday morning with those you care for is the absolute best.
(7) Being at home at 3 a.m. on a Sunday morning hung over with a pounding headache is the absolute worst.
(8) I’m seeing three shows this week: Ben Folds (Tuesday), the Omaha Press Club Show (Friday) and Jenny Lewis (Saturday).
(9) I’m toying with the idea of signing up for an hour of perpetual adoration at my church. I feel like I need some spiritual nourishment.
(10) I’m still going gaga that Omaha is getting an Apple Store sometime this year.
(11) I’m quite excited for the new album by Rhett Miller.
(12) “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder is one of my top songs of all time, as is “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours.”
(13) Sometimes hearing the names of your body parts spoken aloud can be so very weird — and it really shouldn’t be.